• In Israel we encountered the Druze. Their male leaders wear baggy pants in case they give birth to the messiah.These religions are obviously not all alike!
• In Singapore there was a Hindu worship practice that was so gruesome it's illegal in India: The practitioners carry a metal home for their god over their heads with hooks digging into their flesh.
• We have a friend, Kara M, who partnered in ministry with a Christian couple in India who adopt the children who are conceived when men "worship" their goddess with temple prostitutes. Hear her story by clicking here.
• Some Hindus worship rats.
• Animists worship everything.
• When I was working on my master's thesis, a gentleman in the drug rehabilitation center, where I was teaching sociodrama, told me that his higher power was Mickey Mouse.
• After performing a piece that addressed witch doctors while we were in Africa we were told many there still go to witch doctors even after becoming Christians.
So when I saw a Ravi Zacharias talk entitled "How do you know that Christianity is the one true worldview?" I passed it by because I have so many reasons to know that it's true and all other religions are counterfeits. I finally took the 9.5 minutes to watch the video, and I was surprised to discover so many things I hadn't heard before.
If you're a Christian, this will really encourage you.
If you're not a Christian, and you're honestly seeking truth I really encourage you to watch with an open mind.
Click the arrow below, or if you're reading this in an email, visit www.Blog.RichDrama.com to watch.
And Dr. Zacharias addresses a similar question here:
My grandmother had a similar glimpse into Heaven as Dr. Zacharias describes. I got to share that story at her funeral.
If you want to know more about becoming a Christian, visit www.RichDrama.com/MyPassion.
Watch it online and book a live performance.