I was honored to kick off Advent at our church, and you can hear it here: "Start the Journey to Bethlehem, Wise People." On the last Sunday of Advent we had a technical disaster, so I got to record a summary of the Christmas message: Is He Your King?.
I've been reflecting on the Lord's goodness this year, which marks my 20th without income from anything but the performing arts and applied theatre. I'm really overwhelmed to think of all He's done in and through us this year. I had opportunities to perform and/or teach in 17 states, London and Northern Ireland, performed in two audio dramas, five films, celebrated three theatrical releases and six DVD* releases for films in which I've performed. Many of those projects proclaim the wonder of God's great Gift to mankind in the birth, life, death and resurrection of his Son, Jesus Christ.
|Playing Mitchell Little in Providence.|
Here are a few of the other highlights from the year:
• Played Jeeves the Butler in Renting to Parakletos.
|Committing Lifestone Velocity|
to the glory of God. Left to right:
Jim Goodwin, Daniel Knudsen,
Rich Swingle, Beth Becka, acting
coach on War Room.
• Confessions of a Prodigal Son released on DVD.* Played a homeless man.
• The new www.GraceworksInc.com is launched. Rich has been a Freedom Finder for Graceworks since 2001.
• Interviewed by Sharon Wilharm for FaithFlix. She later cast me in Providence.
• Taught at the Christian Worldview Film Festival Guild.
• Played Dr. Alistair Walker in Lifestone Velocity in a scene filmed for a class at the Christian Worldview Film Festival Guild.
• Performed "Sheepish" at the Christian Worldview Film Festival.
• Co-lead annual Graceworks workshop at Princeton University.
• Performed Beyond the Chariots for Alistair Begg's church.
• Beyond the Mask released through theatrical-on-demand model. Played Dr. Bonneville.
• Played Mitchell Little, a lead, in Providence.
• Performed Journey to the Garden for Biola University's Easter Chapel.
|Portraying Harmon Schmelzenbach in|
Mkulunqanda: The Great Beginner
• Played Jesus in The Messenger's Box.
• Recorded Additional Digital Recordings for The Screenwriters.
• Performed a new short piece on Harmon Schmelzenbach, one of the first Nazarene missionaries to Swaziland, at the New York Metro District Assembly.
• Nominated for Best Actor at The Aletheia Fellowship of the Arts Truth Awards for playing Micah Maslow in The Unexpected Bar Mitzvah.
• Taught and coached Week 1 at The Rocky Mountain Christian Filmmakers Camp.
|Playing Dr. Bonneville in|
Beyond the Mask
• Beyond the Mask national theatrical release.
• Polycarp released on DVD.* Play a slave trader.
• Taught and coached Week 2 at The Rocky Mountain Christian Filmmakers Camp.
• Performed in a yet-to-be-announced documentary.
• Performed four voices in The Dragon and the Raven in London.
• Performed "Lazarus" in a sheep field in Northern Ireland.
• Alone Yet Not Alone released on DVD.* Played a land speculator.
|Playing Nigel Livengood in|
• Princess Cut released in theaters. Played Nigel Livengood.
• Taught and directed at the Salvation Army TAM Conservatory. Princess Cut screened for Conservatory.
• Performed Big Fish Little Worm for Joni and Friends.
• Interviewed on The Dove.
• Beyond the Mask released on DVD.*
• Performed A Clear Leading, about John Woolman, at the Woolman Memorial Centennial.
• AMC Independent picked up Providence for a limited national theatrical release starting February 12.
• Played Mr. Cole in "The Staying Kind."
• Princess Cut released on DVD.*
• The Messenger's Box released on DVD.*
• Rich and Joyce attend the premiere of Providence in Franklin, TN.
Performed with John Rhys-Davies
• The Dragon and the Raven released on CD*
• AMC Empire 25 on Times Square chosen as one of the theatres to host Providence.
• Rich interviewed by Nigerian Israel Eziedo.
• Reviews of Providence begin.
*The CD and DVD releases are also available in other forms, such as Blu-ray and Digital Download. Even if you've seen the films I've mentioned, they make great stocking stuffers. If you want to see more films with a Christian worldview, please support films made by Christians.